TEAM PARENTS' CORNER
Thank you for volunteering to be a team parent. It is not necessarily a time-consuming job, but a very important one nonetheless! You’ll basically be your team’s "liaison" between AYSO, your coach, and your players' parents.
Picture day was September 22nd. For questions contact Lina Moseby.
All coaches must turn in player rating forms in exchange for team pictures, no exceptions!
Each team will receive their team pictures, coach and sponsor plaques, and trophies (U5-U8 divisions only).
The 2012 Banner Contest was another success. All but 18 teams entered banners into the contest. Prizes will be distributed to team mailboxes the week of September 29th.
Click here for Banner Contest Results!
Banner Day was Saturday September 15th
Prizes awarded for:
1st Place Banner per Division – Pizza gift certificate for team Pizza!
2nd Place Banner per Division – Frozen Yogurt gift cards for team!
Best Banner Overall - Pizza and Frozen Yogurt gift cards for team!
· Check in banner 8- 8:30am near softball fields
· Pick up voting instructions and tickets for players
· Set up banner in designated area; please bring all items needed to set up your banner (e.g. hammer, rebar etc…)
· Players get 2 tickets to vote:
o 1 to vote within their Division
o 1 to vote for best overall
· To vote, place ticket in envelope attached to banner
· Pick up banner at 2:30pm to allow all teams the opportunity to vote. If your banner is left after 2:30 pm it will be available for pick up the following Saturday at the equipment shed near the large pavilion.
Banners USA Link - Order your banner online and have it shipped to your house.
Probanners.com - Create your custom banner online.
Banners can also be purchased through Play It Again Sports and Lewis Sporting goods, both in Simi Valley.
Team Parent Meeting
Team Parent Meeting was Thursday 8/16. See the presentation here.
Forms to Download:
Kidzone Pledge Form
Your general duties will be:
- To communicate things between your coach and the players’ parents. For example, if for some reason your coach has to cancel a practice, he/she will ask you to get in touch with each player or parent to let them know.
Type up a team roster and pass it out to each parent. This roster can include players' names, addresses, and phone numbers. This roster comes in handy if parents want to arrange carpools to practices and/or games.
Make a snack schedule for the parents so they’ll know which game they’ll be responsible for. Check with your coach to see what he/she thinks is appropriate, but usually orange sections at half-time and a treat and juice is acceptable for game’s end.
Create a team banner. This is not just your responsibility. Enlist a few other parents from your team to help you plan, assemble and display your "work of art" at every game.
Communicate to the players and parents the details of events that will be happening during the season, such as Country Days Parade, various fundraisers, picture day, etc.
- Organize an end-of-season party to celebrate your team’s hard work!
As new information becomes available during the season, we will post updates on this website, or you can contact the Volunteer Coordinator, or your division director for more details.
Questions: Contact Ari Montagna, Team parent coordinator.
HAVE A GREAT SEASON